It is a condition of booking that you accept our cancellation policy.
For cancellations within 24 hours a fee of 50% of the booked service will be charged. In the event of a no-show or if you arrive 15 minutes or more after your appointment time, a full fee of 100% of the booked service will be charged.
An invoice will be emailed to you and no further bookings will be accepted until this fee is paid.
Operating safely with Covid19 - Omicron. As a close-contact business, we are mindful of precautions needed to operate safely during this pandemic.
At this point in time, there are no restrictions around vaccination for staff or customers and mask-wearing is optional. If you feel more comfortable that your stylist wears a mask, please ask. We are happy to oblige.
Please reschedule your appointment if you feel unwell.
Thank-you for helping us to keep everyone safe.
1. We have P2 99% filtration masks available for our staff to wear upon request.
2. Frequent hand-washing.
3. Frequent sanitation of high touch surfaces.
4. All capes and towels are washed after each use.
5. The air in our environment is constantly being cleaned using ActivePure technology which kills 99% of pathogens such as SARS-CoV-2.
6. Our mechanical ventilation system has been upgraded to ensure adequate air-flow.
7. Our environment is a generous 200 square m, so we are able to space people out through the salon.
We offer $5.00 flat-rate shipping on all orders. Spend $100.00 or more and shipping is free. We ship Monday- Friday, aiming to send all orders within 2 business days.
To ensure secure delivery, all orders over $250.00 need to be signed for upon receipt. If you don’t expect to be available during normal business hours, please choose a delivery address where someone will available to sign for your parcel.
Once your order is shipped you will receive a confirmation email which will include your courier consignment number. To track your order please click the link in your confirmation email.
Due to demand during the current Covid-19 pandemic there are currently many shipping delays. If you have not received your order within 7 business days after shipping please contact the courier directly.
If your order is lost or damaged in transit please contact us at email@example.com so that we can assist you.
We are unable to process split shipments within one order. If you wish to ship to multiple addresses you can do this by creating separate orders, each with its own delivery address.
Products purchased on this website can currently only be delivered within New Zealand.
We will reimburse you for any product delivered to you that is faulty or is in a damaged condition. If you wish to make a return, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, order number, and contact details so we can best help you.
We do not provide refunds for a change of mind.
If your item is missing please contact us within 14 days of your item being shipped and we will lodge a claim with the courier and do our best to find your item. We will happily exchange any undamaged product purchased from us so long as it is returned within ten (10) days of purchase and with proof of purchase. If goods are returned to us for exchange, please note the return of these is entirely at your cost and risk.
The product must be unused and in original, unopened, undamaged and re-saleable condition. We recommend using a traceable delivery method and taking note of your tracking number.
If we are unable at the time of return to replace or exchange returned goods, we provide a credit note for the amount initially debited for the purchase including packaging and postage charges.
1.1 These terms and conditions of sale (“Sales Terms”) between Ryder Salon (“Seller”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) and you constitute the contract between us and you for the sale and purchase of products (“Products“) through this website (“Website”), including any order for Products by any other person using your username and password.
1.2 We shall sell and you shall purchase the Products in accordance with these Sales Terms only. If you disagree with any of these Sales Terms you should not purchase the Products from this Website. By proceeding to purchase Products from this Website you represent and acknowledge that you are aware of, and agree to, these Sales Terms.
2.1 This Website and the services and Products described on the Website are intended for the use and purchase by residents of New Zealand only.
3. Orders, price and payment
3.1 You must order the Products in accordance with the instructions on this Website. Your order is not binding upon us until we accept it. Should we not accept your order then any money for the order will be refunded.
3.2 The price for the Products (“Price”) will be the price quoted on our Website at the time of making your order and includes GST.
3.3 All payments in relation to the Products are payable in New Zealand dollars.
3.4 You will pay the Price by a payment method acceptable to us. All payments are securely processed through a third party PCI compliant payment gateway. No credit card or bank account information is stored by us.
3.5 Payment options for the purchase of Products from this Website will be as made available to you at the time of purchase.
3.6 All Products may be purchased by payment in full of the applicable Price at the time of purchase.
4. Product Information, Images and Colours
4.1 We have made every effort to display the Products featured as accurately as possible. However, the device you use to view our Website may impact on the display of our Products. We do not guarantee that the colour, texture, detail or packaging of the Product shown on your screen will accurately reflect the actual Product.
4.2 We attempt to be as accurate as possible in describing Products detailed on the Website. However, we do not warrant that Product descriptions or other content of this Website is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Measurements provided on our Website are approximate only. If a Product offered is not as described, please contact us immediately and before the item is used.
5.1 We may deliver the Products by instalment, and each instalment will be treated as a separate contract under these Sales Terms.
5.2 We will endeavour to dispatch Products within 2 working days once full payment of the Price has been received pursuant to these Sales Terms.
5.3 Any time stated for delivery is an estimate only and lead times for Products may vary. We will not be liable for any delay in delivery. Deliveries to rural addresses may increase delivery times. We do not accept any liability for any delays in the delivery of any goods ordered through the Website. Subject to your rights pursuant to clause 4, if we fail to deliver, or make defective delivery of part of the Products, this does not entitle you to cancel the Sales Terms.
5.4 You will receive an email, including your order tracking number, confirming that your order has been dispatched. To ensure successful delivery, please ensure that you provide accurate details of a delivery address (including any business name if shipping to a work address) where someone will be present during business hours to sign for the receipt of your package. We are unable to change any delivery details once an order has been dispatched.
6. Title, risk and ownership
6.1 We retain title to the Products until you have paid all amounts owing to us for all of them in full.
6.2 From the time you receive possession of the Products, title to the Products will pass to you and you will bear the risk of any loss, damage or deterioration of or to the Products from such time.
7. Returned Products
7.1 If the Products have been delivered in error or damaged in transit, please notify us in writing without delay after your receipt of the Products and return the Products to us in original undamaged packaging within 14 days of your receipt and, in our sole discretion, we may either replace the Products or refund the price of the Products to you.
7.2 If any goods are faulty we will meet our statutory obligations to provide a remedy. We are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about a particular purchase, so please choose carefully.
7.3 If you've made a purchase from our Website and need to return it to us, please use the following return method:
(a) firstly please contact us on email@example.com. to start the return process;
(b) ensure the Product is in original un-opened and unused condition with original packaging; and
(c) return the Product such that it is received by us within 14 days from the original date of dispatch, including your invoice or packing slip as proof of purchase to the following address: Ryder, 56 Customs St East, Britomart, Auckland 1010. The cost of delivery associated with any returns shall be borne by you.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties
8.1 To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law all products available through this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
9. Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
9.1 Nothing in the Sales Terms is intended to have the effect of contracting out of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“Act”) except to the extent permitted by the Act and the Sales Terms are to be modified to the extent necessary to give effect to that intention. Where the Act applies to these Sales Terms:(a) if the Products are acquired by you for business purposes, you agree that the Act does not apply; and
(b) if the Products are not acquired by you for business purposes, we reserve the right to replace any Products which fail to comply with any guarantee contained in the Act.
9.2 You acknowledge that we do not provide any Express Guarantees (as defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993) other than those expressly confirmed by us in writing.
10. Limitation of Liability
10.1 Under no circumstances shall we, our related companies, agents, suppliers or licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages, directly or indirectly resulting from or in relation to the products or your use of them. This limitation applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damage. To the extent that any applicable law does not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, our liability in such circumstances shall be limited to the extent permitted by such law. In no event shall our liability in respect of any order or product exceed the price paid for such product.
11.1 You acknowledge that you are 18 years or over and have the full legal capacity to agree to enter the Sales Terms as a binding contract.
12. New Zealand law
12.1 The Sales Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of New Zealand and the parties unconditionally and irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
13.1 If we exercise or fail to exercise any right or remedy available to us, this shall not prejudice our rights in exercising that or any other right or remedy.
13.2 If any provision of these Sales Terms is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, validity of the other provisions of these Sales Terms and the remainder of the provisions in question shall not be affected.
In some areas of our website, we ask you to provide us with contact details, this is so we can contact you, and follow through on orders and/or requests for further information to fulfil your request. This website may ask for your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, business name, etc.
Ryder Salon will never sell, rent or give away your personal information to other companies for them to use in selling products or services.
You have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold any information requested, we may not be able to provide you with the services or products that depend on the collection of that information.
1. We use your personal information in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993. We may use your personal information so that we can provide you with products, services and information, such as promotional material and news, to improve or update our Services, to communicate with you, to show you advertising that is most relevant to you and your interests, for credit check and debt collection purposes and to confirm any information you have provided us.
2. We may contact you using the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for administration purposes, such as account management or customer service.
Use of Information
Collecting Information on Registered Users
4. As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
5. Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in to your account.
6. Payments are processed using an external third party payment processor and your payment details are not stored by us.
7. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities
8. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
9. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
10. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
11. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information for Users
12. IP Addresses . Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Access to Information
14. Your personal information is collected and held by Ryder Salon having our offices at 56 Customs St East, Britomart, Auckland 1010. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
If you no longer wish to use our services, you may de-activate your account by sending us an email. Under the Privacy Act 1993, individuals have rights of access to, and correction of, their personal information. To make any such request, or to share any other privacy-related questions with us, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
After you de-activate your account, you will not be able to sign in to access your personal information.
15. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Problems or Questions
We use ammonia-free colour from Original & Mineral, a sustainability-driven Australian company.
O&M products are shipped carbon-zero, with minimal packaging, use mainly plant-derived ingredients, and are free from Paraphenylenediamine (PPD), Ammonia and Resorcinol.
Our retail offering focuses on top-quality products that are sulphate- and paraben-free, cruelty-free, with naturally derived ingredients.
We serve locally-produced sustainable wines from The Landing.
We are a member of Sustainable Salons, a resource recovery programme designed to achieve zero waste, reduce our carbon footprint and implement sustainable work practices that benefit local communities.
Chemical waste is collected and decontaminated.
Cut hair is collected for re-use such as composting and containment of oil spills.
Ponytails longer than 20cm are collected and sent to wigmakers.
Original & Mineral’s aluminium colour tubes are recycled.
We use the Vish colour management systems to reduce colour wastage.
We use Refoil recycled foil and recycle all used foil.
Razors are safely collected and recycled.
All plastics (including soft plastics) are collected and recycled.
All appropriate paper, metal and glass is recycled.
Our tools are recycled once they reach the end of their life.
Our basin heads use 40% less water, filter chlorine, and generate negative ions to soften and smooth hair.
Our power is sourced through renewable supplier Meridian Energy.
We use energy-saving LED display and task lighting.
Sensor lighting in our laundry and bathrooms conserves energy.
Eco-friendly products are used for regular salon cleaning, with disinfecting between clients for optimal health and safety.
Compostable food waste is collected in corn starch liners and then commercially composted.
We use Good Things Toilet Tissue which comprises 70% bamboo & recycled sugarcane.
Our flooring is re-purposed native Puriri timber sourced from roof-beams from re-developed heritage buildings in the Britomart precinct. The steel styling bays are recyclable and the wooden blocks in the screens can be re-purposed at the end of their life.
We have plants in-salon for their aesthetic enhancement and air-filtering qualities.
We use rubber collars instead of towels on our clients to reduce laundry.
We choose Energy Star-rated appliances and devices.
We have gone paperless.